Discovery District Guidelines
The AT&T Discovery District® is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for our guests. The following Code of Conduct is enforced throughout the District, including The Plaza, restaurants, retail locations and parking lots. Behaviors that may result in immediate ejection without warning include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Abusive, foul or disruptive language and obscene gestures
- Intoxication or other signs of impairment related to alcohol consumption
- Bringing in outside alcohol
- Bringing in any items deemed unsafe, including glass containers, weapons, and fireworks
- Throwing objects of any kind
- Smoking in a non-designated area. This includes all smoking tobacco, e-cigarettes and vaporizers
- Commercial activity without a permit, including filming and photography
- Drug use
- Panhandling, peddling or soliciting
- Entry into a restricted or unauthorized area or an area for which an individual does not have the appropriate credential or access
- Displays of affection not appropriate in a public setting
- Any action deemed dangerous and inappropriate
- Failure to clean up your pet’s waste
- Failure to comply with AT&T Discovery District personnel instructions
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
The AT&T Discovery District is committed to guests with disabilities. Our facilities are fully accessible, and we provide a wide range of services and amenities for guests with special needs.
The District is designed with accessible parking, accessible vehicle drop-off and pick up areas, power assisted doors, restrooms and seating areas. The District is also equipped with hearing loop technology to assist guests with hearing loss.
The AT&T Discovery District, Hospitality Alliance Management and the facility’s security team work hard to promote responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages. Outside alcoholic beverages are not permitted to be brought onto the licensed premises.
Additional alcohol policies are listed below:
- All guests purchasing alcohol, who appear to be less than 30 years old, must present a valid photo ID
- No alcohol will be sold to guests who appear to be intoxicated
- Management reserves the right to cut off alcohol sales at its discretion
- Guests passing alcohol to minors will be ejected
- Guests possessing alcohol, who do not have proof of being at least 21 years of age, may be asked to leave
- We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcohol to any guests
- All guests must dispose of alcoholic beverages before exiting AT&T Discovery District property
Pets on a leash are welcome in The Plaza area and the patio of JAXON Texas Kitchen & Beer Garden! We do ask that your pets use the designated relief area and that you clean up after your pet. To ensure visitors have an enjoyable experience on our lawn space, animals will not be permitted in this area except for service animals. Service animals must be harnessed, leashed or tethered, or the individual using the animal must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal or other effective controls.
Bicycles, Scooters, Skateboards & Rollerblades
You are welcome to bring your bike or scooter. However, the AT&T Discovery District is a pedestrian area and you must walk it through The Plaza, park it on the perimeter of the District, or utilize one of our four bike rack locations. For everyone’s safety, skateboards and roller blades will not be allowed in The Plaza.
Compliments & Comments
Guests with a compliment or comment may express it in person to any Brand Experience Manager. Written feedback may be emailed to email@example.com.
The AT&T Discovery District will have 24-hour security and first aid available onsite. For any police, fire or medical emergencies, please dial 911.
In the event of a serious emergency at the District, all staff, security and police are ready and available to assist guests, including guests with disabilities.
Filming & Photography
The AT&T Discovery District offers many photographic opportunities for guests to enjoy. We highly encourage guests to photograph for their own personal use. But if you’re a professional photographer or plan to use these photos commercially, please get permission in advance by filling out this form and submitting it to us here.
We reserve the right to use photography of any individual visitor in promotional materials for the AT&T Discovery District whether in print or electronic media (for example, in social media).
AT&T Discovery District Brand Experience Managers are available in blue and purple shirts throughout The Plaza to assist guests. If you are unable to locate an available Brand Experience Manager, please visit the AT&T Experience Store.
To report a concern, guests should notify a staff member of the issue or call the Security Information Desk at 214-782-6000.
The grounds of the AT&T Discovery District are regularly maintained to provide a safe, orderly and aesthetically pleasing environment for all visitors. As a result, the following are prohibited on the lawn:
- Animals, unless they are service animals
- Any concentrated use of the lawn which damages the grass and/or excludes the use of the space by other visitors
- Barbeque grills
- Camping or tenting
- Commercial activity without a permit
- Driving stakes or poles into the ground
- Feeding birds
- Motorized vehicles
- Open flame
Lost & Found
Please bring any lost items to the AT&T Experience Store. All guests looking to claim, or report lost items should do so at the Security Information Desk. Guests inquiring about lost items from a previous visit may call the Security Information Desk directly at 214-782-6000, or send us an email here.
Solicitation and distribution of literature by visitors and non-employees is prohibited everywhere in the AT&T Discovery District. Requests from non-employees to engage in civic, charitable or commercial solicitation in the AT&T Discovery District must be approved by the AT&T Discovery District Team. All requests should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parking & Directions
Self-parking is available on weekdays after 5 p.m. and all day on weekends at the following location:
- 7 AT&T Garage – 1212 Jackson St, Dallas, TX 75202
Parking in 7 AT&T Garage is free with AT&T Discovery District merchant validation. If garage parking is full, surface lot parking is also available close to the District. Prices for these lots will vary. Visit the Downtown Dallas Inc. website for more information.
The District is also accessible by the DART Red, Blue, Green and Orange lines via Akard Station. Please see www.dart.org for complete details.
Coming soon, valet services will be available on weekdays after 5 p.m. and on weekends starting at 10 a.m. Drop-off will be located at 208 S. Akard Street in front of Hawthorn on the right-hand side of Commerce Street. Valet will be complementary with validation from any of our onsite food operators or the AT&T Experience Store.
Passenger Drop Off & Pick Up Zones
The designated rideshare pick-up/drop-off is located at the intersection of Wood Street and S. Akard Street.
The following are prohibited from the AT&T Discovery District:
- Bringing outside alcohol onto a licensed premise
- Glass bottles or containers
- Knives of any length
- Laser Pointers
Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the AT&T Discovery District (this includes all smoking tobacco, e-cigarettes and vaporizers). Guests wishing to smoke may do so only in the designated smoking area just outside the District. A designated smoking area is available in the following location:
- On Field Street between Jackson and Commerce
For the safety of you and your pets, please do not enter the water features located throughout the AT&T Discovery District.